15.2.11

RoofTop Dance

So I've been invited to create a piece for the delightful RoofTop Dance extravaganza (previously known as ChoreOBJECTography). I'm extra excited, having been a dancer in two of them last year, to begin looking at that space and environment that feels a bit like home now from a dance-making perspective. This year we are looking at three questions, which all the choreographers came together to decide (through a complex, highly scientific, sensory process of elimination!):

How do I make textures?
How do my linking images read?
How can bodies matter?

This blog is going to become the homebase for my thinking throughout this process. And while you wait with bated breath to hear more about this project, there are three things you can do: follow us on facebook, follow our discussion on the RoofTop website, and mark May 21st on your calendar. You are no longer available that evening. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment